Recruitment and Selection
- Part 2: The Interview
This workshop is designed to provide an introduction or refresher on Recruitment and Selection skills. Over one day delegates prepare questions and conduct a mock interview with feedback from peers and the trainer. Delegates explore tools to make an objective recruitment decision and practice providing feedback to candidates.
The Structure of the Interview
- Welcome, acquiring evidence, supplying information about the job and company, closing the interview professionally.
Questioning Skills and Note Taking
- The Question Cycle
- Tips on note taking
- Question bank
Weighing up the evidence
- Classifying and evaluating the interview
- Comparing candidates to the Person Specification.
Have a go at recruitment interviewing
- During the course delegates will conduct a mock interview and gain peer and trainer feedback.
Providing feedback to candidates
- Role-play giving best practice feedback to candidates and explore potential consequences of poor feedback.
- What am I going to do differently when I next interview?
Click here to return to the events timetable